Planning a winter wedding? Are you done with deciding the venue, décor, and seating arrangements? Well, then all that’s left is preparing for the wedding dress!
So, allow us to tell you the latest trend of the winter weddings – the rock ‘n’ roll look. This look came into fashion after Kim and Kanye’s wedding in 2014. Post-wedding, the couple shared a reception image in which they were wearing complimenting leather jackets. Ever since then, the grungy look with wedding leather jackets has become the ‘in’ thing.
It’s fashionable and practical!
Whether you are layering up with an oversized denim jacket or a cropped moto leather jacket calling out your relationship status; this is the one trend that will rock your wedding look! Layering up for a winter wedding is not only in style, but it’s also practical as well. It makes your outfit look versatile, unique, and the obvious – it protects you from cold.
The fantastic thing about layering is that it can give your wedding dress an exciting, unconventional twist. Plus, it will make sleeves and back detail a surprise element for others. This way you get two looks in one dress. And who doesn’t love versatility!
The benefit of layering up with leather jackets
Adding a leather jacket to your wedding ensemble makes it pop out. Whether you want to show off your wedding dress in a walk down the aisle or you want to add glamour and drama to your big day; layering up with a leather jacket checks all style boxes.
Even though all leather jackets look chic and bold, black leather jackets, in particular, are the most desirable. It is so because the contrasting black and white combination is the absolute classic of all times! Black brings out the whiteness of the dress, making it look romantic and vintage at the same time.
Instead of a formal hairdo, go with a braid; loose curls or a messy bun. Pair up your wedding look with a statement necklace and some trendy heels, and your wedding look will speak volumes regarding style. Don’t hesitate to go bold with your makeup; your leather jacket gives you room for that!
8 ways to rock black leather jackets with your wedding dress!
Still not sure whether a black leather jacket is a right accessory for you? Take a look at some of these bold brides and decide for yourself!
1. This bride went all punk with her wedding look with blue hair, funky earrings, and metallic bangles. It is not something that you get to see in customary brides, which is why it makes it stand out all the more.
2. A classic black leather jacket adorned with a simple tea length white wedding dress in a retro setting gives the rock ‘n’ roll look a vintage twist.
3. This bride paired a boho fringe leather jacket with a floral headdress, giving an overall festive and funky look.
4. A white wedding dress isn’t the only one that goes well with leather jackets. This bride made a style statement with a black wedding dress paired up with a black leather jacket, and she rocked it!
5. A Vera Wang gown accessorized with a full-sleeved short leather jacket and chopped, short hair gives the bride a chic and hipster look.
6. One accessory that sets apart this bride’s wedding dress is the black belt that matches the leather jacket. A perfect complementary staple to a flowing gown.
7. Nothing adds flair to a wedding dress more than customized clothing. This bride got her leather jacket customized to make a wedding statement. That’s certainly an out-of-the-box idea.
8. A bridal dress with a sweetheart neckline, adorned with a long leather jacket, statement necklace, and a floral headband brings out the rock ‘n’ roll aura.
The final word
Kimye brought this trend on the map, and it will be all the rave come winter. But only the bold and daring can pull off this look. So, are you bold enough to rock a leather jacket with your wedding dress?
About Ashley Rosa: Ashley Rosa is a freelance writer and blogger. As writing is her passion that why she loves to write articles related to the latest trends in technology and sometimes on health-tech as well. She is crazy about chocolates. You can find her at twitter: @ashrosa2.
As usual looks interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)
Thank you for sharing this. I am always looking for new trends, and this certainly looks very interesting.