Marriages are typically events that we talk about as dream days where everything needs to be perfect and all the important people in our lives need to attend. For some people, it can be the happiest day of their lives, but for others, it can also be the most stressful.
There’s a lot of pressure when it comes to planning and executing the perfect memorable wedding. So much so that some people decide not to bother with all the bells and whistles of a typical marriage. Instead, they decide to get married in secret and instead throw a party later. That way there’s less pressure on the bride and groom and it’s also less expensive to plan.
There are also other reasons to get married in secret, such as:
- Getting married in an exotic location away from the rest of the world, such as overseas or in a quiet and idyllic countryside town
- If your family and friends disapprove of your marriage for one reason or another
- To avoid any potential family drama during the wedding planning
- If the immigration status of one partner could cause problems
- To have a private wedding so you and your partner can focus on each other instead of your friends and family
It’s also entirely possible to get legally married to your partner before actually holding a big wedding day. Just make sure you tell the officiant of your planned wedding know that you and your partner have already been married! Below, we’ve also added an infographic that explains if you should elope or not for your wedding.
Infographic design: Wedding Rings Dublin