Whether it’s pleated chiffon or a ruched empire bodice that makes you feel like a princess, there are a few rules to follow when choosing your perfect wedding dress. The right fit, the time of year and type of body you have can all be factors in making the right choice for your perfect “I do”.
Wedding Dress Silhouettes
Your body type may dictate what type of wedding dress is appropriate for your big day:
- Mermaid: This dress is sure to show off your waistline and looks amazing on the bride with a pear body shape.
- A-Line: For the apple shaped bride, this dress is exquisite! Stay away from heavy detailing at the bust line and opt for a sweetheart neckline or a dress that is darker on top.
- Strapless: A strapless wedding gown with shirring or gathering over the bust line can create an illusion of fullness, and looks gorgeous on the bride who isn’t all that endowed.
- Ball Gown: For the tall bride, or hourglass shaped, you will look stunning in any ball gown.
- Knee Length/Tea Length: For the petite bride, especially one with a rectangle or inverted triangle body type, there’s the knee length and tea length wedding dress. Look for a full skirt to give you more body on the bottom and a slimming effect on your upper body.
Time of Year
There’s nothing worse than going inappropriate for the time of year. For festive holiday or winter weddings, a gown style dress is more appropriate. If you dare to go sleeveless, a cape or bolero is the perfect accessory to stay warm. For spring and summer, a wedding dress with a cap or 3/4-length sleeve is adorable. A long sleeve lace overlay for a day wedding can be a great removable transition into an evening reception, too!
I love this wedding dress!!!
Stunning selection Noura! Dreamy dresses!
Made in Mauve ☆ Bloglovin
The wedding dress from the pic is amazing! Nice post, thanks for the tips 😀
I love this post. Very helpful! Thanks for commenting on Qing’s Style. I hope you keep in touch!
You have given some practical tips. Really like them. And thanx for visiting my blog.
So cute!! great post!
NaturalElegance Fashion blog
Carol in a Page
Very useful tips! Strapless dresses are my favorites!
tr3ndygirl fashion blog
have an happy day
This is just WOW. What an amazing dress. Does any one know where can I buy this one in Minnesota.
1.So, for elegant summer going out outfits, put a fab spin on a casual outfit by swapping your T-shirts with these flamenco style ruffle tops that look cutesy when combined with a midi skirt and pointy-toe stilettos, just like in the next image.