There are some gorgeous rings available throughout boutique jewelry stores and across the internet. As wedding traditions shift and change, so too do the rings that we choose. As engagement rings styles become more adventurous, the desire for a truly unique ring begins to bloom; this is where custom engagement rings come in.
What are Custom Engagement Rings?
A custom engagement ring is normally created with the help of a jewelry designer and a skilled jewelry maker. The customer will work with the custom ring team and make decisions about metal type, diamonds, gemstones and the overall style of the ring. Providing the requests are physically possible, a jewelry designer will be able to create whatever the customer wants, giving them complete creative control.
Once upon a time, custom jewelry was reserved for high-society. The good news is that many boutique jewelry stores now offer a custom ring service like the custom engagement rings in Washington DC here – this means that custom engagement rings are now available to a much wider audience.
How Does the Process Work?
Each store will have their own process, but the best bespoke ring services should include:
- An initial consultation
- A rough price/budget discussion
- An initial deposit is paid to start the work
- Early sketches for the customer to approve (this step may go back and forth a few times to make any changes)
- A CAD image or painting and any final changes
- A scale model/dummy of the ring is created
- Work begins to create the ring
The goal is that the customer is given plenty of opportunity to make changes or raise any concerns throughout the process.
The Benefits of Having a Custom Engagement Ring
So, why do people love custom engagement rings?
- Complete creative control
- Option to add completely personal touches
- No compromise! If you can’t find the perfect engagement ring, a custom ring is the way to make it happen
- Find the perfect metal. Avoid allergic reaction or quick deterioration by choosing the right metal
- Budget control. The experts will ensure they work with the exact budget you’ve outlined and make the best possible ring within your price range
- Match it up. You can create custom rings for yourself and your partner to ensure the perfect pair!
Is a Custom Engagement Ring More Expensive?
Many people are put off of custom engagement rings because they believe it is a pricier option – but this is not the case!
In fact, the step by step process of design, creation and choosing your diamond can be a fantastic way to save money as you will know exactly how much money is being spent on each aspect of the engagement ring.
Anything Else We Should Know?
If you plan to create a custom engagement ring, be sure to allow enough time. Many jewellers can create a custom ring within six weeks but for the best outcome, give yourself time to make changes along the way.
It might take longer than an ‘off the shelf’ engagement ring, but it will certainly be worth the wait!